Remember: When using any prompts that are more than one number (e.g., *7 5), you must pause between each number and wait for the system prompt.
Background noise can negatively affect the quality of your conference calls. This is especially true when calls include a large number of participants. Consider one of these scenarios:
- Use silence mode for entering/leaving the current call – (*3) This will silence the beeps that everyone hears when participants call in/drop off the conference line.
o If this is your first time using this feature, listen closely to the prompts when making your selection. Your choices are name record, tones, silence and name announce.
o You may also set silence mode as the default for all future calls by entering (*7 5) and following the prompts.
- Mute all lines except your host line (*7 8)
o If a participant needs to speak, he or she can simply unmute their phone (*6) and then place it back on mute (*6) when they are finished.
o You may unmute all lines (*7 0)
- Ask participants to mute their phone (*6)
o They can unmute (*6) when they are contributing to the discussion.
- Use broadcast mode (*7 1)
o You can mute all lines except yours and not allow participants to unmute their phone.
o Under this scenario, you are the only one who can speak during the call.
While there is no way to prevent your meeting invitations from being forwarded to others, you have a number of options to help you manage access to your calls. For example:
- Use the roll call feature to obtain the names of participants on the line (*9) – not recommended for large calls. If you select this feature, just remember that entering the # key at any time will take you back to the main conference.
o Activate the name announce feature when participants enter/exit the call for this call (*3).
o Activate the name announce feature for all future calls (*7 5 4).
- Lock the call (*4) – to prevent anyone (including the AT&T operator) from gaining access to the call once it has started. You may unlock the call at anytime by entering (*4).
- Obtain a count of the participants on the line (*5)
o You may access the online teleconference monitor (www.att.com/teleconferencecenter) at any point during your call to see how many participants have dialed in.
- Activate an optional security code – call the AT&T Reservationless Conference Center and activate this service on your individual host account. Once added to your account, the host will hear an additional prompt.
o If you use this feature, remember to share the security code you created with participants.
And Don’t Forget…
- You may access a more complete list of conference call functions once you enter your conference by pressing *#.
- Press the # key from anywhere in the menu to take you back to the main conference.
- Press (*0) at any time for assistance from an AT&T specialist.
- Call the AT&T Conference Center 800-526-2655 to make changes for all future calls.