AFGE's password management policy requires you to change your password periodically. This document describes how to change your password when it expires.
How to Create a Strong Password
To create a strong password, you should be aware of the following criteria:
- A strong password must be at least 8 characters long.
- It should not contain any of your personal information—specifically your real name, username, or even your company name.
- It must be unique from your previously used passwords.
- It should not contain any word spelled completely.
- It should contain characters from the four primary categories, including uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and characters.
Don't Remember Your Password?
With MyAFGE by OKTA, you can reset your forgotten password without Help Desk assistance.
Reset Your Password with a Text Message
Note: SMS or Voice Call can only be used if a mobile phone number has been configured.
- Go to https://www.afge.org/.
- Click Forgot Password?
The Reset Password dialog box opens.
- Enter your Email Address.
- Click Reset via SMS.
- Click Send Text Message.
- You will receive a text message with a code.
- Enter the code received via text message and click Next.
- Enter the answer to your Security Question and click Reset Password.
- Enter your new Windows password in both boxes and click Reset Password.
Change Your Password When It Expires
You will receive an email reminder approximately 10 days before your password expires.
Click the MyAFGE link to go to MyAFGE. Follow the instructions at the beginning of this guide to reset your password.